I'm always on the look out for good Bible storybooks, activities, lessons to go through with Gunner when he gets a little older. Sometimes I buy them right away, but I also have a Pinterest board where I've begun pinning products that I want to use someday. I want him to learn early on how much Jesus is a part of our lives. I want his mind and his heart to be filled early on with God's love for him.
Cody is really excited about getting to the point where Gunner will ask for a specific Bible story to be told before bed. Code's really great at telling the battle stories of the Old Testament so I know which ones my boy will probably hear most often.
Today, I thought I'd share a few of my favorite Bible resources that we've gathered over the past year or so, many have been gifts and a few are great (FREE!) online finds. A few of these we're using now and others I know we'll get a lot of use out of in the future.
1) LullaBible: Baby's First Bible Stories & Songs -- I currently use this every night with Gunner. Each section has a short Bible story written in poem format, a song or hymn to sing to your baby, and then a specific prayer to pray over them. The Bible also comes with an audio CD if you'd like to play the songs for your child at night or any other time of the day for that matter. LullaBible is purchasable here.
2) ABC Bible Verse Flashcards from Homeschool Creations -- You can download these cards for free and get your children started on hiding God's word in their heart. All of these verses are simple and all but one come from the NIV translation. These would be a great thing to work on over breakfast or during any intentional learning time. Download your copy of these cards here.
3) Jesus Calling: 365 Devotions for Kids -- This book is based on Young's original Jesus Calling but has been adapted into kid and "tween" friendly language. Each devotion is no longer than a page but it definitely meant for older aged kids...think elementary years. You can purchase Jesus Calling: 365 Devotion for Kids, here.
4) ABC Printable Scripture Cards from I Can Teach My Child -- Yes, another FREE set of scripture cards! I love that this set includes graphics and images that deal with the verse. If your kids are visual learners, having a picture can definitely help them learn these scriptures faster. Download your copy of these cards here.
5) The Jesus Storybook Bible: Every Story Whispers His Name -- This was a gift from my Mom for Christmas. I can't wait for Gunner to be a little older so we can start this one. The images are beautiful! It also comes with all of the stories on CD, so you could lay your kids down each night and let them listen to a story. The Jesus Storybook Bible is purchasable here.
Today, I'm giving away two of these resources -- the LullaBible and Jesus Calling for Kids, so if either of those interested you, see how you can win them below! There will be two winners. First winner will have choice of resource.
The fine print: I have been gifted a copy of LullaBible and Jesus Calling for Kids by the publisher to review on my blog. All thoughts and opinions are mine. Giveaway open to US residents only.