I try to remember my blessings daily, but as we enter the holiday season, I find myself even more grateful for the things that I have. As I sit here and watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade with a cup of coffee in hand, I thought I'd compile a little list of things that I'm especially thankful for.
1) My family. First, I've been blessed with the family I was born into. I have the most fantastic parents and the greatest little brothers, not to mention all of my extended family. But to make it even better, I married the greatest man who has a wonderful family too. And to top it all off, in just a few months Cody and I will be starting our own little family. I cannot wait to see what God has in store for our family.
2) My husband. I know Cody was mentioned with my family, but the man deserves his own spot on this list. He is truly the most hardworking, selfless man that I have ever met and I am lucky to be his wife. He does everything without complaining and treats me like a princess. I cannot wait to see the kind of father he will be to Gunner, I know he will be the best. God knew exactly what I needed when he put Cody in my life 5 years ago.
3) My dogs. I know that I can be a little silly about them, but they'll always be my first babies. It feels nice to be greeted everyday by two sweet things who love me unconditionally. They're our family and I love them just like family.
4) My friends. I've been blessed with some great friends in my life. I've learned that as you grow older people move in and out of your life, but I will always know who those true people in my life are. I definitely believe in measuring my friendships by quality, not quantity.
5) My job. Sure, there are days where teaching 7th graders can be difficult, but there is never a day that I forget how blessed I am to have a job. I work at a great school that is full of kind, funny, supportive people. And on top of that, I can always count on my students to give me a good laugh.
6) My health. I know how lucky I am to have had an easy, healthy pregnancy, it's something I try to remember even on the days where I feel tired and yucky. I've been very blessed to have my health in the past, present, and God willing, the future.
7) "The basics." I'm thankful for the food on my table and the roof over my head.
8) This country. People complain about the state of our nation a lot, and I can't always blame them, but I'm thankful to live in a place where I can live in the way that I want and worship the God in whom I believe.
9) Our church. We are so blessed to be a part of a church family that truly follows the Word and God's commandments. I can't think of a more perfect church for us.
10) And just a few simple (some silly) things...my iPhone, DVR, planners, Sons of Anarchy, my laptop, TOMS, Kidd Kraddick in the Morning, good music, Real Housewives marathons, pizza, and kettle cooked Sea Salt & Vinegar chips.
Sometimes in life it is so easy to want more and more, but today I choose to thank God for everything He has given me. I am so lucky and so thankful.
Happy Thanksgiving, y'all! x